Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mini Chicken Pot Pies with Biscuits

Mini Chicken Pot Pies with Biscuits

(I didn't create this recipe so I'm not taking credit for it)
 
2 Cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 Cup diced, cooked chicken (I used breast meat only)
1 Can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup (I used fat-free)
1 Can (16.3 oz/8 biscuits) flaky layer variety (the large biscuits)
 
(You could probably use any brand of the large biscuits, also any variety - I used flaky original and flaky buttermilk).
 
Grease with shortening, or use non-stick spray, a muffin/cupcake pan.  In a medium sized bowl, mix the vegetables, chicken and soup.  Stir well.
 
Flatten each biscuit out to about 5 1/2" round.  Place each flattened biscuit into a muffin/cupcake cup leaving about 3/4" on the edges.  Spoon about 1/3 Cup of the chicken mixture into each flattened biscuit.  Pull edges of biscuit toward the center, pinch dough gently to hold in place.
 
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 - 22 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.  Cool one minute, remove from pan.
 
My comments:  I doubled the recipe because I wanted leftovers, which is why I used two versions of flaky biscuits.  The original flaky worked better than the buttermilk.  It only took about 20 minutes in my oven, but each oven is different so check for doneness at about 20 minutes.
 
It was good and very filling.  But it could have used a little more liquid in the filling.  Also, it was a little messy to make.  It was harder flatten the biscuits out, but I might try actually rolling them out next time.  I also put the frozen vegetables in the microwave for a couple of minutes to thaw them out a bit.  Also, I didn't measure the amount of filling I put in each biscuit - I just tried to get them full enough but not too full to close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment